EXPO TERMS & CONDITIONS
Terms and Conditions of Exhibiting at Geelong Business Expo:
By applying for exhibitor/vendor space at any of the Geelong Business Expo events, you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions as specified below, and any other restrictions or Guidelines as deemed necessary by Geelong Women In Business, its agents, underwriters, Venue Contract Managers or other relevant stakeholders.
General: 1. Geelong Women in Business reserves the right to final approval of every display, and the ability to take any course of action it deems necessary to rectify a situation that may impact upon the convention negatively, including expulsion of any Exhibitor from the Geelong Business Expo, who does not comply with the stated requests. No compensation for loss of monies will be accepted for failing to obey instructions resulting in expulsion from Geelong Women in Business and its representatives.
2. Any Exhibitor that fails to occupy their space for whatever reason will forfeit their money. There are no refunds or transfers available once Geelong Women in Business has received payment and the signed registration form.
3. Displays must stay within the confines of the space allocated, must not impede aisles and walkways, or block exits. This includes cabinets, shelving, display cases, tables, stock containers, stages and equipment.
4. No sale or spruiking can occur outside the boundaries of your booth (including outside the venue, or in Aisles, seminar rooms or thoroughfares) without prior approval.
5.The official closing time of each Geelong Business Expo is 1500 (3pm) on the day of the event. No dismantling of displays is permitted until the site is cleared of visitors and Geelong Women in Business makes the appropriate announcement. This is to ensure the safety of the general public still occupying the space.
6. Geelong Women in Business cannot guarantee access for vehicles within the venue in order to unload or pack your items, nor the availability of pallet trolleys or forklifts. Please ensure that your stock can be moved by hand or bring an appropriate trolley.
7. You must make arrangements with Geelong Women in Business Operations prior to the expo for the movement of larger items, crates and pallets.
8. All Geelong Women in Business events are Latex-Free, and we prohibit the use of balloons to ensure the safety of our staff, exhibitors and attendees. Any damage caused by an Exhibitor or their Staff, or by items affixed to the venue doors, glass, floors etc will create a removal, cleaning and/or resurfacing cost charged to the exhibitor.
9. Sale or sampling of any food or beverage items – whether packaged or fresh – is allowed with written permission from the Event Organiser and Venue. This includes but is not limited to candy or sweets, canned drinks, hot or baked goods. Geelong Women in Business reserves the right to confiscate any consumable items not removed by exhibitors.
10. Children under 16 years of age are not permitted to enter the hall from set-up or set-down time periods or after 1500 in any area on the day without parent/guardian supervision. Security Officers have instructions not to allow children under 16 years of age on site during these times.
Safety and Risk: 1. All Exhibitors, their suppliers, contractors, staff and assistants are classified as workers under State and Federal Acts and Regulations pertaining to Work Health and Safety.
2.All workers are to show due diligence in keeping their work area clean, safe and risk free, and to report all hazards, incidents or injuries to Geelong Women in Business Management.
3. Geelong Women in Business encourages all Exhibitors to develop their own in-house safety policies and procedures for their staff or volunteers.
Electricity & Power: 1. All portable equipment, appliances, chargers, lighting used on the Geelong Women in Business event site (ie: anything that is plugged in to the venue power supply) must be tested and tagged in accordance with state Workplace Health and Safety Regulations and Australian Standard 3760-2000.
2. All power extension leads and power boards must also hold current tagging.
3. The use of double adaptors or power connections other than Australian standard are prohibited at the event at all times, including set up/down and show day.
4. Geelong Women in Business/Geelong Business Expo cannot guarantee that Test & Tag services will be available on site.
Public Liability Insurance: 1. All exhibitors, co-exhibitors, vendors, occupants and contractors are encouraged to have Public and Products Liability Insurance. This refers to damage or injury caused to third parties/visitors on or in the vicinity of your exhibition stand or hired space, or by the fault of your products.
2. Where applicable, copies of Workers Compensation and Professional Indemnity Insurance documents (including those of subcontractors) need to be available upon request.
3. Geelong Women in Business cannot recommend an insurance policy suitable for your exhibitor space. Please contact your insurance broker to enquire about the most appropriate cover for the event.
Safety Vests and closed shoes: 1. It is advised for all exhibitors and personnel to wear approved safety vests and closed shoes during set up and set down periods. 2. We cannot guarantee there will be any safety vests available on site.
Delivery/Collection of goods: 1. Neither Geelong Women in Business, nor the Event Venue will accept responsibility for the safety or security of any display or product item delivered to the site.
2. It is very important that all items are clearly marked with your company name and contact details, stand name, collection and delivery details, and the name of your freight company.
3. It is advisable to clearly mark the consignment number on the items to reduce confusion during collection, or to track goods in transit.
4. Geelong Women in Business will not take delivery of items on behalf of an exhibitor unless prior arrangements have been made, but which no responsibility is accepted in doing so.
5. Please note that all goods/property must be removed from the premises Saturday evening or have freight forwarding pick-up confirmations.
Literature: 1. The distribution of leaflets and other promotional materials is confined to the stand area and is not permitted in the hallways or elsewhere in the exhibition grounds.
2. The Organisers reserve the right to prohibit the display or distribution of advertising matter that could give rise to offence and to confiscate the supplies thereof for the duration of the event.
Restricted material: 1. Pornography is strictly forbidden for sale or giveaway at Geelong Women in Business Expos; so too are items that would be classified as illegal under any or all state or territory law within Australia, including but not limited to extreme restricted or explicit materials.
2. All other adult material must not be visibly displayed or within reach of any minors, and carry appropriate or comparative classification.
Advertising and use of Geelong Women in Business/Geelong Business Expo Logo: 1. Geelong Women in Business/Geelong Business Expo can provide you with an electronic version of the Geelong Women in Business/Geelong Business Expo Trademarked logo and website banner in *.jpg, *.png, *.pdf or *.eps format for inclusion in your advertising, promotional publications, magazine and e-News advertisements, or as a link from your website.
2.The organisers must approve all uses of the Geelong Women in Business/Geelong Business Expo Logo prior to publishing or broadcast of recorded material.
3. Approval for the use of the logo is for the original request only, and does not grant blanket use of that logo. A list of its intended uses must be made clear up front.
4. To obtain the high-resolution image please contact
5. To enquire about additional promotional use of the Trademarked Logo (such as creating or commissioning items to sell or give away), please contact
Enquiries: 1. If you have any questions regarding the Terms and Conditions pertaining to your contract as an exhibitor at the Geelong Business Expo, please contact Geelong Women in Business at email@example.com or phone Samantha 0415 971 217.